LASIK Eye Surgery in West Falls Church, Virginia
Millions of people understand the annoyance of having to wear contacts and glasses every day. Dr. Anh Nguyen, MD, and her expert team of ophthalmologists also understand this frustration which is why they have been providing care to patients in West Falls Church, VA, and the surrounding area for almost 15 years. Drs. Anh Nguyen, MD, David L. Parver, MD, and Rashni Patel, OD, have studied at some of the best universities in the United States and are passionate about providing the best patient care.
Types of Eye Conditions
Anh Nguyen Ophthalmology treats all eye conditions and diseases. Their experienced staff is highly qualified and can easily diagnose your eye condition and determine the best treatment plan for you.
- Keratoconus: a cornea problem that occurs when the cornea becomes cone-shaped and causes blurry vision
- Glaucoma: the drainage system in the eye is blocked which puts pressure on the ocular nerve
- Pterygium: a fleshy growth that can become large and cover the cornea and pupil which irritates the eye and obstructs your vision
- Chalazion: caused by a blocked oil gland in the inner corner of the eye and the resulting swelling and inflammation
- Macular degeneration: the leading cause of blindness that develops when the macula near the center of the retina is damaged
- Dry eye: lack of proper eye lubrication causes eye irritation, inflammation, and scarring that can lead to blurry vision
- Refraction: conditions such as nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism, and presbyopia that are caused when light does not bend the way it should
LASIK surgery is one of the most common eye surgeries performed not only at Anh Nguyen Ophthalmology but also in the country. Anh Nguyen Ophthalmology offers a comprehensive self-test to help you initially determine if LASIK is the right option for you. After your self-test results, you should also schedule a consultation to receive the advice of Dr. Nguyen and her team.
LASIK surgery corrects nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism and can help patients achieve permanently corrected vision. LASIK is an outpatient surgery that can be performed quickly. Your surgeon will use an excimer laser that precisely reshapes the inner layers of your cornea through a small flap created on the outside of the cornea. Recovery only takes about a week and your results will help you achieve 20/25 vision or better.
LASIK is not the only laser eye surgery performed at Anh Nguyen Ophthalmology. Laser cataract surgery uses a 3D map of your eye to determine the most effective course of treatment. A high-precision laser will be used to break up the cataract and then it will be carefully removed. An intraocular lens implant (IOL) will then be fitted to the eye to correct astigmatism or presbyopia – two common eye conditions associated with cataracts. There are several IOL options to fit your unique eye condition: monofocal lens, toric lens, multifocal lens, and light adjustable lens.
West Falls Church, Virginia
West Falls Church, VA, originally called Jefferson before 2010, is a small community of about 31,262 people. It is a suburb of Washington, D.C., and is in close distance to the many historical sites located there. Although it is a relatively small city, the community is vibrant and boasts many modern places to live, restaurants to enjoy, and exciting events. The Commons is a central outdoor space at the heart of West Falls Church where residents and visitors can enjoy the greenery, fire pits, a fountain, and various events involving food, music, the arts, and more.